Wednesday 11 July 2012


I TOO POSSESS THE POTENTIAL FOR HATE,ANGER
AND VIOLENCE,BUT.....


Every man possesses the potential for hatred,anger and violence.When pushed to the wall,very few people possess what it takes to turn the other cheek.Indeed for most people expressing anger and hatred seem like the only logical thing to do.However many eventually find out that the repercussion of these negative emotions is eventually a price too high to pay for whatever the initial causative issues are.Our STOP THE HATE ON OUR YELLOW BUSES CAMPAIGN Video below is proof to the fact that negative emotions are an ill blowing wind that does nobody any good.The video x-rays how bad things have become on our yellow buses.We must warn though that the videos requires the viewers discretion.



But frankly speaking,how can one remain cool,calm,collected and unperturbed on these danfo buses?Especially when the driver,conductor and fellow passengers seem not to be bothered about how one feels?Is it possible to turn the other cheek when it is clear that someone or something on that Danfo ride is trying to ridicule me?What sort of mindset must I possess the minute I board one of these Danfos?How can I be different on those bus rides and yet enjoy my ride? 

The Dalai Lama is head of the Tibetan tribe and is a recipient of the prestigious Nobel peace Prize.He is an advocate of non -violence,even though himself and his people constantly remain victims of hatred and violence.He offers some insights into how to deal with the human potential for anger and violence,here is what he says:       

- Like anyone else, I too have the potential for violence; I too have anger in me. However, I try to recall that anger is a destructive emotion. I remind myself that scientists now say that anger is bad for our health; it eats into our immune system. So, anger destroys our peace of mind and our physical health. We shouldn’t welcome it or think of it as natural or as a friend.

So,the next time you get on your next Danfo ride and you feel like giving that driver,that conductor or that fellow passenger a piece of your mind or a piece of your fist,kindly remember that anger is bad for your health,it has the potential to eat up your immune system and it can destroy your peace of mind and your physical health.In my opinion,this sort of potential negative emotion is too much a price to pay on a Danfo ride,what do you think?Simply put,put your emotions in check on the Danfo and help STOP THE HATE,THE ANGER AND THE VIOLENCE ON OUR YELLOW BUSES.  




No comments:

Post a Comment